SEMINAL PROTO-NEW-AGE

Today's musical selection is "Inside The Great Pyramid"(1976) by Beatle hanger-on Paul Horn.

 
  This album, and the one recorded before it "Inside The Taj Mahal"(1968) are widely thought to be the albums from which all "New Age" aesthetics in popular music emanate. He is primarily a jazz guy, I suppose, and I don't like either jazz or new age, so I'm not sure why I'm interested in this album...but I am posting it anyway. Below you will find a link to disc one. I originally downloaded both discs, but disc 2 gets kinda boring, so I skipped that part. I just like how some jazz-hippy cast-off from the Beatle's  disasterous Rishikesh entourage stumbled upon, or wandered stonededly into, the genre that spawned Yanni and John Tesh, and hipster sweater fashion. They really had acess to way better quality acid back then. 7/10

East Meets West or Train-Wreck of The Bourgeoisie

Perfected Over Three Generations By Smug Assholes Like This Idiot, Here


DRUGS WILL ROT YOUR MIND  Mediafire

No comments:

Post a Comment

SPEAK, FOOL!